Why choose Anne James Estate Agency
When choosing an estate agent you should consider their opening hours, when they are able to conduct viewings, their High Street presence and what kind of marketing they do. These are important to obtaining the maximum exposure and price for your property.
Free Market Appraisals
At Anne James we pride ourselves in giving helpful and realistic advice on your properties value.
Selling homes in the area for almost 25 years we have extensive knowledge and experience on making honest and accurate market appraisals.
Presenting your property
First impressions are really important, making the presentation of your home critical to a successful sale.
By following these suggestions you can help us sell your property quicker and at a better price.
- De-clutter and pack away personal items
- Clean windows they are the ‘eyes’ of the house
- Make sure your property looks its best at all times
- No pets - or their odours - when viewings take place
- Cut the grass, weed flower beds, trim hedges, weed the drive
- Fresh flowers and plants make a room look cheerful and fresh
- On a cold day turn the heating on, on a warm day have the windows open
- Make sure all surfaces in the kitchen are clean and free of clutter
- Do all minor repairs such as leaky taps, broken light fittings etc
Anne James Estate Agents will then take photographs, create floorplans and write comprehensive property details.
Marketing your property
To find you the perfect buyer your property will benefit from the following marketing package which will include the Anne James, Rightmove, Zoopla and Prime Location websites, full colour property details, inclusion in the Property Live Newspaper and email property details to clients.
Our office is open 9am – 6pm Monday to Friday and 9am – 5pm on a Saturday.
We are happy to accompany any viewings, this will enable us to use our expertise to help sell your property.
As soon as an offer is received for your property we will notify you verbally and then in writing. Any special conditions will also be stated in writing and we will also check the buyer’s ability to proceed before you decide to accept the offer.
Once you have accepted an offer we will ask you to confirm your solicitors details, we will be able to recommend reputable companies if required. We will write to all parties to confirm the agreed price and also prepare a memorandum of sale.
Your solicitor will send out a draft contract to the buyers solicitor who will then carry out initial enquiries.
A survey will then be arranged by your buyers and searches, evidence of title, fixtures and fittings and lease enquiries etc, will be obtained by your buyer’s solicitor.
We will keep you advised throughout this process and will keep you informed every step of the way.
There are no legal obligations until contracts are exchanged and the completion date set by mutual agreement.
Completion is when all monies have been transferred from your buyer’s solicitor to your solicitors account.
Your solicitor will call us when monies have cleared and will inform us that we can release the keys to the buyers.
Our knowledge and experience of the market helps us develop a marketing plan that’s right for you and your property. It’s more than just knowing your way around the local area; it’s about understanding people, the properties, the neighbourhood and what it’s like to live there.
Obtaining the best price
We think it’s very important to negotiate the maximum amount of money we can for you, our vendor.
Working hard to find the right buyer
Here are some of the things we do to secure a buyer for your property.
- The property will feature on the Anne James, Rightmove, Zoopla and Prime Location website making sure your property reaches the widest audience.
- Your property will also feature in the Bristol Property Live newspaper which is available free of charge from most supermarkets and estate agents.
- Quality photographs of the exterior, interior and gardens will be taken.
- Property details will be produced with photographs, floorplans and measurements included.
- Your property will be displayed in our prominent office window.
- A For Sale board will be erected if required.
- Email and post property details to prospective buyers.
- Telephone buyers who are interested in property like yours.
- Accompany viewings
- Speak to viewers to obtain feedback and report to you.
- Give you regular reports on progress and activity.
We are able to help you with all your conveyancing needs.
If you are moving, buying your first property or re-mortgaging our expert mortgage advisor is available to help you. The advice is free of charge however; a fee of £195 will apply to process the mortgage application.